Gallery 110 is an artist run gallery which supports emerging artists. The gallery is dedicated to the presentation of high quality and challenging visual art and to the development and promotion of artists’ careers. Collectively, members share in the work of the gallery and have the opportunity to build on or share their skills in marketing, arts event coordination, as well as exhibition development, management, and installation. Our dues, fees, and fundraising efforts cover our basic operating expenses and allow us to pass a large portion of income from sales back to the artist. Artists not local to the Seattle area are welcome.
You may join Gallery 110 as a Member Artist or as an Affiliate Artist. Members may have solo exhibitions in the main gallery spaces and are expected to contribute to the running of the gallery by volunteering time or paying extra dues. Volunteer time is committee or task based and in general does not require staffing the gallery during business hours. Affiliates may have solo exhibitions in the small North Gallery space only. Affiliates may participate in gallery events and operations but are not required to volunteer time.
Benefits for Member and Affiliate Artists include
- Opportunity to work with an experienced gallery director.
- Opportunity to exhibit and sell your work.
- Sales commission of 70% to artist.
- The display of your work on our website.
- Personal gallery book with examples of your work in the gallery.
- Networking opportunities for developing relationships with other emerging and professional artists.
- Opportunities to curate shows and exhibit work in group and solo shows in the gallery and to develop exhibitions for venues outside the gallery. The gallery exhibition schedule evolves from members’ readiness to show rather than a fixed formula allocating time to each artist.
- Opportunities to participate in public programming, artist talks, and public events.
Member Artist Requirements
- 18-month commitment.
- Participation in the work of running the gallery via committee or task assignments.
- Attendance at gallery events and meetings.
- Monthly dues of $108 or $138. Members may choose to pay $138 per month and not participate in committee or task assignments.
Affiliate Artist Requirements
- 12-month commitment
- Monthly dues of $35
- Pay additional fees to exhibit in the North Gallery space.
To apply, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Member Application” or “Affiliate Application” and your name in the subject line. Include the following items in the body of the email or as attachments:
- Artist resume
- Artist’s statement
- 8-16 images of your work and information about each piece
- Statement about why you would like to be a member (not required for affiliate application)
- Statement about your skills and how you could contribute to the operation of the gallery (not required for affiliate applications)
The resume, statements, and image list may be PDFs. The images should be JPEGs: 1200 dpi max dimension, 2Mb or less.