Gallery 110 is an artist run, non-profit gallery which represents both emerging and established artists. The gallery is dedicated to the presentation of high quality and challenging visual art and to the development and promotion of artists’ careers. Collectively, members share the cost of renting the gallery space and the work of running the gallery. As a member you will have the opportunity to participate in marketing, promotion, arts event coordination, fundraising, grant application, exhibition development, management, and/or installation. Artists not local to the Seattle area are welcome.
We are currently accepting applications to join Gallery 110 as either an Affiliate or Core Member. For artists who find our gallery dues a barrier, we have an Emerging Artist Program with financial support.
Benefits for all gallery member artists include:
- Opportunity to work with an experienced gallery director.
- Opportunity to exhibit and sell your work.
- Sales commission of 70% to artist.
- The display of your work on our website.
- Examples of your consigned artwork in the gallery throughout your membership.
- Networking opportunities for developing relationships with other emerging and professional artists, including informal monthly critique sessions.
- Opportunities to exhibit work in group and solo shows in the gallery, to propose and curate gallery exhibitions, and to develop exhibitions for venues outside the gallery.
- Opportunities to participate in public programming, artist talks, and public events.
Our members work as a team promoting each other’s work and cultivating opportunities as well as strengthening the gallery’s reputation in the Seattle art world. Members’ participation running the gallery via committee and task assignments plays a critical role in keeping our monthly costs down so that our dues, fees, and fundraising efforts can reliably cover operating expenses and allow the gallery to pass a large portion of sales income back to the artist.
All members may have unframed flat artwork available for sale in the gallery via our flat files. In addition, Core members may have bulkier consigned works in the office storage racks available to show clients.
Opportunities to show on the gallery walls include an annual all-members group show and exhibitions developed by Core members, which generally occupy the West Gallery. The North (office) Gallery and individual walls in East Gallery may be rented by Affiliates to showcase their work or for small group shows. When these galleries are not scheduled for exhibitions, we display from work in the flat files and storage. The exhibition schedule evolves from members’ readiness to show rather than a fixed formula allocating time to each member.
Core Membership Requirements
- 18-month commitment.
- Monthly dues of $120.
- Participation in the work of running the gallery via committee or task assignments and attendance at gallery events and meetings.
Core Members are expected to propose and develop one gallery exhibition during their 18-month contract, either as a solo exhibition or a group exhibition, which may include invited non-member artists.
Core members must participate in the work of running the gallery through committee and task assignments. Required hours vary and some committee/task work may be done from home.
Affiliate Membership Requirements
- 12-month commitment
- Monthly dues of $65
- Additional fees to exhibit in the North or East Gallery spaces as a featured artist.
Affiliates are strongly encouraged to participate in the work of running the gallery but are not required to do so.
Application Procedurefor Core and Affiliate Membership
To apply send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Core Membership Application” or “Affiliate Membership Application” and your last name in the subject line.
- Artist resume
- Artist’s statement
- 8-16 images of your work and information (materials/size/year/price) about each piece
- Statement about why you would like to be a member
- Statement about your skills and how you could contribute to the operation of the gallery
The resume, statements, and image list may be PDFs. The images should be JPEGs: 1200 dpi max dimension.
For any questions regarding membership, please contact:
Gallery Hours: 12 -5 pm, Thursday through Saturday