Gallery 110 is an artist run gallery which supports emerging artists. The gallery is dedicated to the presentation of high quality and challenging visual art and to the development and promotion of artists’ careers. Collectively, members share in the work of the gallery and have the opportunity to build on or share their skills in marketing, arts event coordination, as well as exhibition development, management, and installation. Artists not local to the Seattle area are welcome. You may join Gallery 110 as a Member Artist or as an Affiliate Artist.
Benefits for all gallery artists include:
- Opportunity to work with an experienced gallery director.
- Opportunity to exhibit and sell your work.
- Sales commission of 70% to artist.
- The display of your work on our website.
- Personal gallery book with examples of your work in the gallery.
- Networking opportunities for developing relationships with other emerging and professional artists.
- Opportunities to curate shows and exhibit work in group and solo shows in the gallery and to develop exhibitions for venues outside the gallery.
- Opportunities to participate in public programming, artist talks, and public events.
- 18-month commitment.
- Participation in the work of running the gallery via committee or task assignments and attendance at gallery events and meetings.
- Monthly dues of $108. Members may choose to pay $138 per month and not participate in committee or task assignments.
Members propose and develop exhibitions for the gallery as well in other outside opportunities. We occasionally show work by non-member artists who are invited in as a part of a curated exhibition or who have developed an exhibition that includes our members. The exhibition schedule evolves from members’ readiness to show rather than a fixed formula allocating time to each member. The membership functions as a team promoting each other’s work and creating cultivating opportunities. All members are expected to participate in the work of running the gallery through committee and task assignments. Hours required vary and generally do not involve staffing the gallery during business hours. Our dues, fees, and fundraising efforts cover our basic operating expenses and allow us to pass a large portion of income from sales back to the artist.
- 12-month commitment
- Monthly dues of $35
- Pay additional fees to exhibit in the North Gallery space
Affiliates may participate in gallery events and operations the same as members but are limited to presenting artwork for sale in the flat files, in the North Gallery space, and in one annual group (all gallery artists) exhibition each year. Affiliates are not required to participate in the work of running the gallery.
To apply to join as a Member please email the following to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Membership Application” and your name in the subject line:
- Artist resume
- Artist’s statement
- 8-16 images of your work and information about each piece
- Statement about why you would like to be a member
- Statement about your skills and how you could contribute to the operation of the gallery
To apply to join as an Affiliate, send your resume, artist’s statement, images, and image list as requested above to email@example.com with “Affiliate Application” and your name in the subject line. You do not need to include statements about why you want to join or how you could contribute to the operation of the gallery.
The resume, statements, and image list may be PDFs. The images should be JPEGs: 1200 dpi max dimension, 2Mb or less.
Gallery Hours: Noon-5 pm, Thursday through Saturday