Gallery 110’s Emerging Artist Scholarship provides King County visual artists with mentorship and resources to help grow their art careers.
Gallery 110 is excited to offer our Emerging Artist Scholarship to seven (7) individual artists who self-identify as early to emerging and who live in King County. The scholarship includes:
- A group exhibition at Gallery 110 with other finalists, Spring 2022
- Five (5) 2-year affiliate memberships:
- Gallery representation (physical and virtual)
- Additional opportunities to exhibit work in the gallery
- Two (2) 2-year full memberships:
- Benefits of affiliate membership
- 1-on-1 mentorship with a gallery artist
- Consultation on gallery operations
- A solo exhibition within 18-months
Eligibility & Criteria:
- Visual artist (2D & 3D).
- No prior solo exhibitions in commercial or public galleries except for student exhibitions at matriculating institutions.
- Serious long-term art goals and desire to be an active member of Gallery 110 and agree to contract terms.
- At least 18 years old.
- King County resident.
- G110 membership dues & fees are a barrier to applying for membership. (Include personal declaration in statement letter.)
Applicants should send the following to email@example.com:
- Biographical Statement (not to exceed 100 words).
- Artist Statement (not to exceed 300 words).
- Resume (no more than 2 pages).
- Up to 10 Work Sample Images Composite images are not recommended. Please attach images rather than insert them into the body of your email. Use Dropbox or other cloud storage links if you are sending larger-sized files.
- Work Sample Descriptions. Include title, medium, size, date completed, and a brief description of each work.
Deadline for applications: August 31, 2021
George Brandt, Gallery 110 Senior Curator
JoEllen Wang, Gallery 110 Emerging Artist 2019
TBA a non-gallery-member juror