This program provides financial support for selected King County emerging artists to be a part of Gallery110. Seven artists will be selected for a finalist exhibition at Gallery 110. From this group our jurors will award two artists full memberships in Gallery 110 where they will receive mentoring in the discipline of professional fine artist, learn how a gallery operates, and enjoy a solo exhibition within their 18 month membership. The other five finalists will be awarded one-year affiliate memberships, which include gallery representation on our website and the opportunity to show work in the gallery.
The Gallery 110 Emerging Artist Program was launched in 2018.
- 7 applicants were selected as finalists,
- 2 won scholarships for full membership with solo shows at Gallery 110.
- Both new members learned how a Gallery operates and survives and were mentored as they worked on installations, finances, and publicity.
- The solo show for first Emerging Artist to exhibit, Josiah Bell, sold out. Josiah is grateful for the opportunity to exhibit his work, and thanks the people who donated in support of the program and thus made his success possible.
- The solo show for second Emerging Artist to exhibit, JoEllen Wang, was disrupted by COVID-19 restrictions. Nevertheless, several of her works sold. JoEllen also thanks those who donated in support of the program.
The Emerging Artist Program is supported by donations.
Our fund raising goal for this program is $26,000 over two years. This will allow us to support 2 artists as core members and 5 as affiliates for two years and provide subsidies for continuing memberships for previous recipients.
Gallery 110 is registered as a non-profit corporation in the State of Washington. It is a 501(c)(3) Public Charity; its EIN number is 27-1283473. You will receive a tax receipt letter of thanks from the Gallery.
Note: due to COVID-19 risks and restrictions the timeline for the next competition is uncertain but is tentatively planned to launch in Fall 2021 – for a Finalist Exhibition in Spring 2022.