Gallery 110’s annual juried exhibition will showcase work by emerging and established artists. Our gallery location and reputation offer artists exposure to professional reviews, access to Seattle’s Pioneer Square gallery district and First Thursday Art Walk.
JUROR: Emily Zimmerman, Director + Curator, Jacob Lawrence Gallery, Seattle, WA
APPLY: Apply to this call through callforentry.org.
AWARDS: Finalists’ works will be displayed at the gallery from February 3 – 26, 2022. The juror will award first, second and third place prizes of $1000, $500 and $300. There will also a ‘People’s Choice” award of $200, voted on by visitors to the Gallery’s First Thursday opening.
ELIGIBILTY: This international juried show is open to artists 18 years of age and older. Artwork may be in any two- or three-dimensional media and must be original works of art created in the previous 5 years by the artist submitting the entry.
FEES: The fee is $40 for 3 entries. Add $10 for each additional piece. Payment must be in US dollars. Entry fees are non-refundable.
CONDITIONS AND RULES: Entries accepted for exhibition must have a professional appearance. Two-dimensional artwork must be mounted with hanging wire or other hanging apparatus and immediately ready for the wall. The gallery reserves the right not to hang accepted works if they are not presented in the format specified. For artwork weighing more than 35 pounds, please contact the Director (firstname.lastname@example.org) to ensure your work meets gallery presentation requirements. Artists may not substitute another work for the accepted work. Entries must be for sale and priced with the intent to sell. A gallery commission of 50% will be deducted from sales. The Gallery will collect and submit WA sales tax. Artists grant permission to Gallery 110 to reproduce accepted artwork for promotional use in printed and electronic form.
APPLICATION ADVICE FROM FORMER JUROR: In the CAFÉ website application there is a small text-box (Short Project Statement) that you can fill in with information about each specific piece. Use it to provide a written description or explanation of what the Juror is looking at, particularly if it may not be immediately clear from the image you are submitting. Statements are most effective when they are short and to the point. (Note: Artist statements are requested for our exhibition catalog only.)
NOTIFICATIONS: Finalists will be notified by email and will need date, sign, and return scanned consignment agreements within 7 days. Artists whose work has been selected will be responsible for the framing and delivery of work to Gallery 110 by January 29, 2022. Shipping, delivery, and return instructions will be provided with the acceptance notification. Delivery and return shipping charges are the artist’s responsibility and prepaid return shipping labels must accompany works.
- October 30, 2021 at 9pm: Deadline for entries.
- December 2, 2021: Initial notifications sent to selected artists.
- December 10, 2021: Initial selected artists’ loan agreements & statements due.
- December 15, 2021: Final notifications emailed to artists.
- January 20, 21 & 22 and January 27, 28 & 29, 2022 (Thursday – Saturday, Noon-5PM only): hand-delivered and shipped artwork delivery period
- January 29, 2022, 5pm: Deadline for receipt of all artwork.
- February 3, 2022: Seattle’s First Thursday Art Walk
- February 4, 2022: Artist Reception and Juror’s Awards, 5-7pm
- February 26, 2022, 5PM: Exhibition closes.
- March 3rd, 4th, and March 5th, Noon-5PM (or by appointment): Pick up hand delivered artwork.
- Shipped work returned within 2 weeks.
GALLERY HOURS: Thursday – Saturday, 11AM – 6PM.